But I am begging you to form a new habit and take those extra 3 minutes to cleanse and moisturize before you hit the sack!
I understand that you are cleansing and moisturizing when you wake up and that is GREAT! However going to bed without cleansing whether you wear makeup or not could be aging your skin 7 times faster! In fact, In 2013, there was an experiment conducted in which one woman stopped washing her face for an entire month and simply reapplied her makeup over her unwashed skin each morning. Experts said she literally aged herself by 10 years, all because she skipped cleansing for 30 days.
Here is what you are risking by sleeping in your makeup:
1. Eye Infection - by leaving your eye makeup on, you could open yourself up to dry , irritated eyes which in some cases could cause infection. We only get one set of eyes and we need to take care of them!
2. Wrinkles - I am sure wrinkles are not on your list of things you'd like to have, right? Well sleeping in your makeup can age your skin by possibly breaking down your collagen.
3. Breakouts - If you are prone to breakouts, sleeping in your makeup is the WORST thing you can do. Even if you are not prone to breakouts, sleeping in your makeup could cause breakouts because it will clog the pores and cause pimples.
4. Dry, Dull Skin - Your oil and dead skin are pressed against your pillowcase all night, stopping or slowing the natural repair process that happens overnight.
5. Rash - It is possible that a rash could develop. Lots of makeup has fragrance and/or dyes in them that when left on the skin could irritate it and cause a rash. This is especially true if you have already senstive skin.
So, here is some tough love. No matter how tired you are, cleansing your face before bed is a must to keep it healthy and young! You can find 2-3 minutes to get it done. Your future skin will thank you for it!