No worries...... there are some tips to help you manage your skin and makeup through menopause.
One of the biggest challenges you may face is the texture of your skin. Your skin can lose its ability to retain moisture so you might notice some dullness and maybe even some dryness. The primary culprit is a loss of collagen.
You also may notice your skin becoming thinner and a bit more sensitive. And if you are getting some pimples on your usually clear skin, you can blame that on menopause too! How about thinning eyebrows and hot flashes?? I could go on and on.
The last thing we want to do is stress about the changes externally because we have enough to worry about on the inside!
Makeup Tips for Menopause
1. Up your skin care game! It might be time to add in pure retinol to your routine.
2. Use foundation primer. This helps the foundation stay out of the fine lines.
3. Use concealer but don't over do it. A little goes a long way. Too much of a good thing will cause your under eye area to look "cakey"
4. As we age, we need more structure around our eyes and lips so don't skip the eyeliner and lip liner.
5. Makeup finishing spray is a must. When those hot flashes come at you with no notice, the finishing spray will help to meltproof your makeup.
I will leave you with this last thought...... the same makeup that used to work for you pre-menopause may not yeld the same results during menopause. Embrace your new beauty routine. Feel free to contact me to help guide you along the way!